Workshops & Training
Hold Me Tight
If you and your spouse want to create and maintain a loving, secure, committed relationship, you need more than the lessons offered in most marriage seminars, books, and retreats.
You've learned how to negotiate, fight better, change bad behaviors, even laugh more. Why hasn't brought the change you really want in your marriage? Here's the answer: you don't build or even repair a marriage with a bunch of techniques. To have a fulfilling, enduring marriage, you must replace what is often missing at the core: true emotional connectedness. Much of how we live our lives today wars against true connectedness. The result? We think we are "connected" with others, even our spouse, but deep down we are terribly lonely.
Experience greater love and attachment by:
- Better understanding emotional responses and needs
- Shaping positive moments that create a secure bond
- Stronger bonding through sex and touch
- Better understanding forgiveness in romantic love
Building Strong Relationships
Do you have a pattern of selecting the wrong people as mates, want to improve your current relationship, rejuvenate a good marriage, rescue a relationship in conflict or just learn the tools to be in a healthy relationship? If so, this workshop series is for you.
Presented in "bite-size" sessions, you will become better prepared to...
- Look for a good partner, not just a good-looking partner
- Use communication skills that will help improve your relationship over time
- Be on the same page with your mate/spouse regarding finances
- Understand the differences in communication styles between men and women
- Understand that men and women want to be respected, but differently in romantic relationships
- Communicate your feelings and learn why it's so important
- Transform your relationship through forgiveness, whether you are giving or receiving the forgiveness
Raising the Emotionally Intelligent Child
Do you understand the importance of equipping your child with the emotional intelligence needed to succeed in school, friendships, and in adulthood?
Do you want to learn some of the skills needed to give your children the chance to "conquer the world?"
e = emotion ~ mc = my child ~ resilience²
That chance starts with emotions! Strong, healthy, emotional connections aren't needed only through hard times but at all times. A good emotional foundation affords the experience of parents helping their children take chances, have friendships and grow into their potential.
In this presentation, a 5-step "emotion coaching" technique is used to teach parents how to:
- Use your child’s emotional expressions as teaching opportunities
- Help your child deal with negative feelings
- Help your child understand life with her/his heart
- Provide a framework for maintaining a close relationship
Raising the Emotionally Resilient Child
Wouldn't it be great if we could shield our children against stress, bad habits, and unhealthy relationships? Realistically, parents cannot accomplish this great feat. Children have to experience life. However, with the right attitudes and skills, parents can help their children adapt and respond to setbacks.
This 3-hour workshop is for parents who want to prepare their children to cope and bounce back from the tidal wave of events that can knock them off life's course.
Teach your children buoyancy in the ocean of life by learning:
- Essential ingredients parents of resilient children offer
- 7 integral core components of resilience explained one by one along with questions parents can pose to themselves to stay on the resiliency track
- To encourage the abilities and assets your children already poses
- To support the connection between Emotional Intelligence and resilience
- How Emotional Intelligence strengthens and empowers the parent and child in the family
- Strategies and participation in activities to develop skills to cultivate resilience
Love & Finances
- Are your beliefs about money stifling your relationship?
- Does your partner hold your spending habits over your head?
- Is your ego in control when it comes to finances?
- Do you feel you must make a choice between money or happiness?
If you are married, engaged, or in a committed relationship, this workshop is for you!
Family First Psychotherapy Services also presents workshops and training sessions for groups, organizations, and companies within the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
Additional presentation topics include:
- Successful Communication
- Handling Challenging Situations in the Workplace
- Workplace Motivation
- Taming Your Temper
- Stress Management
- Positive Thinking
- Sexual Spontaneity
- The Truth About Parenting